Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Another update

Syl @ 7 months-
Me @ 5 months
Dress my parents brought back from Colombia and my mom saved it for me for when I had a little girl of my own. Here it is! Who do you think she looks like?
























Well again, it has been quite a while since I have been able to get on the computer to blog! A lot has gone on here at the Rameyer's- not sure where to begin!
I guess leaving off from Grant's birthday, Dawn and Marie made it back to Iowa the following day. We had a great time with them down here! Always is great to have some family come visit!
About 2 weeks or so after they left, baby and I flew back to Iowa for a good friends' wedding and one of Daron's friends came down a few days before I flew to Iowa. Since Daron is on nights, we needed some help with the boys when I was going to be gone. They had a good time! The boys enjoyed having a 'guy' babysitter!
Syl stayed with Nick and Marie and I headed up to Mason City to start all the festivities! I was a bridesmaid in the wedding and I was so excited! It was going to be a great time! Well Friday was, we got manicures and pedicures done and went to the rehearsal dinner! We ate at Primo'z and it was great! Well that greatness was a little short lived come about 4:30 the next morning. I had woken up with back pain (like I have many times after I had eaten something the night before). It usually goes away in a 2-3 hours and then it is fine. Well it wasn't going away and the pain started coming around to the front too and made me a little nauseous. Somehow I managed to get ready to go to the hair salon to get our hair and makeup done for the wedding but once we got there, I couldn't bare it anymore. It wasn't right- it wasn't getting any better and actually felt worse than ever before. All I could think about was being able to stand up in the wedding for Megan and Jason and I felt horrible. Of course this would happen to me!
I ended up going to the ER in Mason City and after being there for about 4 hours they told me I had a kidney infection and gallstones. I got pain meds and was told that I should have the gallbladder taken out as soon as I was able to.
Well there went the wedding and all the celebrating down the drain! I was so mad and upset! It is what it is but couldn't it have waited one more day! :( I went back to Nick and Marie's and slept til later that night. (Thanks to pain meds!)
I flew home the next day... alone... without baby! I figured would be the best to leave her in Iowa since I was hoping to have surgery shortly after I got back to Arizona and we would be coming back to Iowa in a week for my sister-in-laws wedding.
It's a good thing too because Tuesday afternoon, my Dr. called and said he looked at the report and to go ahead and head to the ER to get the surgery going. Wednesday morning I was gallbladder-less and Thursday early evening I was home!
I'm sore and my shoulder hurts but otherwise I'm alright! I'm just glad that it is done and I will hopefully feel a lot better now! (The surgeon said I was walking around with a 'pretty ugly' gallbladder!) It was going on 2 years of aching back pain every time after I ate, and the gallbladder was supposedly the reason. Hope it was the cure!
We head back to Iowa on Tuesday and I can't wait! Sylvia is missed so much right now but glad she was able to stay with gma and gpa for a while to help me recover a little easier!

Onto other things... Grant finishes up with preschool at the end of the month. He says he doesn't want to go to kindergarten but we will see how he is once his friends are all excited! They have graduation shortly after we get back! I can't believe it- my little baby boy is going to be headed to school! All day school! They do a cap and gown for his graduation so that will be exciting to see and I hope it makes him a little excited for kindergarten!
Cole goes until June 9 so he has a little time left! He is counting the days down though until he is officially a 2nd grader! He thinks that is pretty neat! Cole has been working on a report and presentation for his class on the country Colombia! Kinda neat since that is where Mom was born! It's fun working with him on it and seeing him learn! Got a little set back with me having surgery but we will get it done on time!
Daron had to keep the fort down while I was in the hospital, and he was also working nights. So he is trying to catch up on sleep now that I am finally home! Can't wait til the end of the month! June he will go back on days!
I will try and post a little more often. Once we get back from Iowa and the boys are out of school! No more running all over the place all the time! :)

Here are some pics over the last month!

1 comment:

  1. Glad they figured out the pain, treated you, and you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete