Monday started as a great morning. Daron got home from work and got all of us up so we could all get ready or the first day of school! He made us all some breakfast and then we got our bags packed and lunches made and don't forget about Sylvia up and ready!
Grant said he was excited to sit in his desk and see his new teacher.
Once we got out of the house (and our pictures taken of course) we headed to the new school site! Couldn't find parking anywhere near so the boys and I hopped out and Dad went to park the car.



There were so many kids and parents that I think I would be a little uneasy if this was my first day of kindergarten! Cole saw some of his friends and ran off so I didn't see him until the end of the day! (boy was that nice having only 1 child to worry about!) And by then Daron and Sylvia found us!
We showed Grant his play ground area and where he would line up when the whistle blew. Everything was great until the whistle blew... "I'm a little unsure of all this school stuff now" is what I know Grant was thinking.
To clue everyone in... every morning they have a flag ceremony where they say the Pledge of Allegiance and listen to the Principal speak. So they all line up and have to stand there 'bubbles and duck tails' ( bubbles= mouths shut like have a bubble in there and duck tails= hands behind the back like little duck tails) until they walk in and continuing that til they get to class.
Anyway, Grant didn't want to stand in line, didn't want to say the pledge, didn't want to stop crying, and didn't want me to leave his side. All expected on the first day or course so we were there for him and walked him into the classroom and helped him get his supplies out and lunch and bag put away. He was very unsure of everything and every time I said I was going to leave he started crying. After about 5 minutes the teacher came by to collect some things from him so we could slip out. That was sure nice otherwise I think I would've been there all day!
It is scary I bet on your first day of school! Especially where there are so many kids all over. Grant is getting better everyday we go! Even today there were a few tears but I keep reassuring him that he is just fine and will have a great day and he calms down right away.
So i pick the boys up in the afternoon and all I hear about is how great and fun school was! He loved it and he loves his teacher! We're crossing fingers that it continues to get easier and easier in the morning and soon he will be able to jump outta the car and run to play all by himself! (It will save me the parking, walking, and standing in the heat every morning!) Slowly I'm trying to wean him each day. I'll go a little less further each day!
Here are some pics from Monday. No tears in any but definitely some sad faces! (Although he wasn't the only one crying- there were several kids just bawling... so we did better than I thought!)
Good Morning Sylvia!
Standing in Line... but not wanting to
Good Morning Sylvia!
Standing in Line... but not wanting to
They look so adorable! Glad it is getting easier each day!
ReplyDelete