Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do You Love Me... Alive 35

We had a great end to our November this year and perfect beginning to December. Spent Thanksgiving with some wonderful friends, got some Black Friday shopping in, got some Cyber Monday shopping in, had the hubby home most of the week so we could have some quality time together after a long holiday break, and finally decided what concert we would be going to see.
That is where the wonderful beginning to December came into play! Last minute on Sunday the 29th, we bought tickets to KISS! They were in Glendale and we had toyed with the idea of going since the beginning of November and I think it just got too much for Daron. They were promoting it like crazy, giving free stuff away, and played continuously on the radio. Once we locked in a babysitter we made the purchase and we so excited to be going up to Jobing.com Arena. We call it an early Christmas present!
December 1st, the party started! It was wild and crazy up there! There were so many die-hard fans, I thought we were in the movie Detroit Rock City! There were 3 year olds all the way to probably 70 year olds there... in costume! I loved it!
BuckCherry was the opener and were better than I thought, for only know 2 of their songs!
Kiss was unbelieveable! It was one of the best shows I have seen! Paul Stanely flying into the middle of the floor audience, Gene Simmons flying to the top of the arena, the pyrotechnics, lights, theater, and the drum and guitar solos made it the most amazing show for sure! They played a lot of their 'Sonic Boom' album which rocked, but they also threw in quite a bit of the classics! (Tiny tiny bit bummed... No 'Beth'...) I just don't have a lot of words to describe it! After over 30+ years, KISS can put on a hell of a show!! I'm so glad we decided to go!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures and then a slide show from the night! We were sitting directly across from front and center stage! Perfect view for everything! (If I can get the video to work on here, I will post a few clips, blogger never seems to be able to upload any of my videos!)


Ace Frehley

Paul Stanley

Peter Criss

Gene Simmons


No comments:

Post a Comment