Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's Time For Soccer!

Grant started playing soccer this past month and he LOVES it! I wasn't sure how the season would go, but he has taken to it very well! He is on the Cheetahs and thinks it is the coolest team ever! They started with 2 practices a week and now down to 1 since his coach has another team to work with.
The first day came and I was just in shock! Grant has never shown much interest in any sort of sport, he likes to play in the sand box and drive his race car around. Of course watching Cole play a few seasons he had somewhat of an idea of what was going on, but I had no idea how much he had picked up on!



Grant went up to his coach and said, "Hi Christine, my name is Grant." and ran off with the other kids. It was so cute!

It doesn't look like it but this was one of the photos I took as Grant had control of the ball and scored the first goal!


#7- Go GRANT


I could tell Grant loved it on the second day of practice. He had gotten up before school and laid his practice clothes out. Well I wasn't aware of this, so as I was putting laundry away, I put his shorts and shirt away as well. He got home from school and told Daron that he wanted to go change and get ready (it was 2.5 hours til practice). Daron said he heard him upstairs talking to himself about where his clothes went and was saying under his breath, "Did mom put those away?"
The first game was about 2 weeks ago and it was so fun to watch! Grant scored the first goal all by himself! He just lit up! He is quite the little player! He runs hard, dribbles, is aggressive, and actually anticipates where the ball is going to go. For his first time playing, he does VERY WELL!
Tonight as I picked Grant up from practice, he asked me if we had anymore blueberries. I told him Yes and asked why. He informed me that he had to eat blueberries Friday night during supper. I couldn't figure out what he meant and he finally told me, "I got to eat blueberries so I score another goal. I did that last time and it worked!"
How cute is that! So I now have to keep those 'SUPER' blueberries stocked up every Friday!

We are so proud of our little soccer player! Keep up the hard work!

4 comments:

  1. gooooo cheetahs! go grant go! proud of that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I eat a blueberry I will think of Grant!!! Congrats, Cheetahs, you got a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay grant!!!! so proud of you!!! love yu guys!!!

    Aunt Dawn!! :)

    ReplyDelete