Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Graduates


I can't believe it!
Our little Grant has graduated Kindergarten!
Up until the ceremony on Thursday night, it didn't seem real. The year has just flown by so fast!
They all wore their blue cap and gown and even had '2010' tassels.
Grant was also chosen to stand up and say a few words along with some of the other graduates.
(And yes, got nervous and cried a little BUT recovered just fine!!)
It was a very special evening for all of us!
And just a little emotional too!

Now it wasn't me that got teary eyed like I thought I might. Just about though...

Our super sensitive Grant had been having a hard time the last few weeks of school.
As the class was getting excited and counting down the days til graduation, Grant was starting to get upset. He had really became attached to his teacher and hearing that school was almost over meant (in his mind) he would never see Ms. G again.
We've shed many tears, but have had lots of talks and consoling, and he will be just fine!
As everything else, it will take some getting used to.
He is just NOT good with change and it's a scary thing for him to imagine, I think.
The good thing is, Ms. G only lives a short bike ride away from us. I have a feeling we will be crossing paths often this summer!
:)

All-in-all, I guess this means one thing. Ms G was and is a {{WONDERFUL}} teacher AND GREAT friend to our son, along with all the other students!
Thank You, Ms. Goldburg!

Grant and Legacy Lion

Naomi, Isaiah, Grant, and Rilee

Speech Time
"In Kindergarten, I learned to read and write. Ms. Goldburg taught me a lot. I love Legacy!"

Receiving his 'diploma' from Dr. Croatt

Being goofy I guess

Grant and Ms. Goldburg

One of our Best Buddies, Bobby

Pretty fancy diploma if I say so myself

Giving some last minute hugs and the tears start to roll...
We tell Grant, "It's OK, you have one more day left." (Friday being a half day)
All he can say to that, while hugging tight, is,"But that's the last day!"
Such a sweetheart and always makes me chuckle!

The programs I made

As we keep telling Grant,
This isn't good-bye, it's see you later!
Congratulations little buddy!

I also want to say Great Job to Cole!
There is no ceremony or graduation to go into 3rd grade,
but we still consider Cole graduating the 2nd grade!
We are so proud of all your hard work and effort this year. You have done a fantastic job and have learned so much!
Your teacher says you are a super student and she will miss having you in her class.
Both boys were on the Honor Roll as well. What a great achievement!
To our new 3rd grader and 1st grader!!
Way to Go!
Love you Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment