Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

Another year of trick or treating has came and gone! And now, what's left of it... lots and lots of candy!
We had a real good time and the weather was perfect! Hope the kids wanna share some candy!

I was really happy with the kids' costumes this year! I get tired of the movie/TV characters so I was happy when they actually picked out more original costumes! Cole wanted to be an evil vampire- check, Grant wanted to be a scary ghost-check, and Sylvia wanted to be a cute little goldfish-check! Very easy! I think we spent less than $25 total for everyone's costume! Can't get better than that!
So, in reference to last weeks post...
What was I busy making?
Drumroll...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

A HOMEMADE GOLDFISH!
(yes, Sylvia is in there)
.............................................................................

We went to Betsie's house first.  She and her husband always decorate their yard up so neat and scary! When you got Frankenstein in the driveway, it's gotta be good! They got 3rd place out of the whole town! They should have gotten first! ;)
Sylvia did very well! I wasn't sure if she would get scared with some of the decorations and such out, but she went up to every house with the boys, and every one of them, she held out her bag, said trick or treat, said thank you, and then walked back to dad. The last house was her weak moment. She got her candy, said thank you, and wanted to go inside to play!  I had to pick her up and carry her away since there was no way she was going to leave. It was meltdown city and crying for about 2 blocks! She got over it with a little piece of candy and everything was all better! It was perfect timing though! We had a tired goldfish!

Everyone loved the costumes and we got lots of compliments! Although many people called Sylvia Nemo, we all know that Nemo has white stripes! Come on People! Gracie didn't come trick or treating with us but she did have a costume! Last year a hot dog to match Syl and this year a banana split!
We love Halloween!


What better way to carve our pumpkins!!
We had four to carve, we killed Michigan State, I was the one carving, cleaning, and designing again this year, and the kids agreed...
It was easy.... I went with IOWA!


Happy Halloween!

1 comment: