Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Arizona

What a great Christmas!

I love watching the kids open gifts in the morning. I remember when we were kids and that crazy feeling you had on Christmas Eve night. I still have that, but it's for our kids now! Cole was so excited, he didn't want to sleep and all Sylvia kept saying was Santa bring me toys! They slept in some, but when they got to the bottom of the stairs, Cole ripped open, Sylvia carefully tore, D was monitoring where all the paper went, and I tried to get pictures! The kids were very excited and very happy with what they got. Cole asked Santa for tickets to the Insight bowl, and I guess Santa pulled through. He wasn't too sure when all he saw was an Insight Bowl t-shirt, but hidden in his sock, he found a ticket. Oh the excitement on his face! Priceless! Sylvia asked Santa for some things for her baby dollhouse. She was surprised when she had dollhouse stuff and an original radio flyer wagon! (By the way, thanks Grandma and Grandpa R.) She loved the wagon and filled it with all her gifts as she opened them. She has already been pulling it around outside! We hated not having our little Grant here on Christmas day, but we got to open a few before and will open the rest when he gets back home. I'll post pictures once I have pictures of everyone opening!
It doesn't feel like Christmas down here... when it is 75 degrees and you see people walking their dog in shorts and a tank top. All the pretty lights help but I don't think it ever will without the 'White Christmas' all around like we grew up with. Tomorrow, Syl and I will get to see all that white stuff... As always, I miss seeing it, not being in it!
It was a fun day and the last half was spent in Tucson at the Perry home. We were so thankful to be able to spend Christmas evening with some wonderful friends and familiar faces. Not to mention the {AMAZING}'Iowa' Christmas dinner! It was so yummy! Ham balls are hard to come by down here! Just like cheeseballs, no one has heard of them. The grocery stores don't like to ground ham for some reason, they sure are missing out!
We stayed the night in Tucson as well. C and B were so kind to let us crash in their extra room. We had some things to do the next day down there, so we figured it would be a good idea!
Thanks, to the Perry's, for everything!! We had a great time! Also thanks for those yummy leftovers, we couldn't wait, we devoured them already! :)
We really missed spending the holidays with the family like in years past but good friends are the next best thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment