Thanks for Visiting our Blog!
Don't Forget to Say Hello!!

Friday, August 13, 2010

First Day of School

OK, so about every day I sit down here with the intentions of blogging... well that is as far as it goes. I try to decide where to begin to update the past however long it has been, and that's as far as I get. So Now I will try and get some updating finally done and keep up to date!

So, I will start with the First Day of School! We didn't hype it up that much this year, since Grant has such a hard time with change and we didn't want a repeat of last years experience. Again this year we had meet the teacher night and got to see the where the classrooms would be and meet the boys' teachers. Cole was in 3rd grade and Mrs. Martinez was his teacher! She seemed really nice and Cole was happy! Grant had Miss Afsa for 1st grade. I imagine he will warm right up just like he did with Ms. Goldburg. We found out that they would both have some friends from last year in their class so that made me happy. Especially with Grant! The other best thing was that Reagan, little neighbor girl whose best buddies with Cole and Grant, was in Grant's class ( and we also get to carpool this year! Yeah!) Besides being so crowded and chaotic, it went well.

First day rolled around. The uniforms were laid out, bags packed, lunches made, and we were all ready to go! Again we got our picture taken out front, and then piled into the van.  Sylvia was along for the ride as well! Before we know it, we will be sending her off right behind Cole and Grant! Geez...



Once we got in the gates, I didn't see Cole again til the end of the day. He just ran off with his friends. It was a hot morning, but we hung by the K and 1st grade playground til the lines started forming and flag ceremony was over! There were 500 some more students this year than last year so it was a lot more busy than we last remembered. I helped Grant find his line, and I'm assuming Cole found his alright. It was so nice Reagan and Grant were together since it was Reagan's first year at Legacy and Grant was still a little nervous. When I gave Grant a hug and told him to have a good day, he had a few tears, but they lasted for only a minute! I  was so proud of him! This was a big step compared to last year!

The end of the day came and both boys had a great day, loved their teacher, and enjoyed seeing friends again!  I think this will be a great year. I'm looking forward to it! Besides getting into the homework every night routine they are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment